Can you hear the Call of the Royal Priesthood? (A vision of the seven elders)

One day while walking I was praying in the Spirit, I saw in a vision seven men - who at first seemed like some of the 24 elders (Rev 4), but try as I may I could not see neither the rest of the 24 nor the throne which was near the 24. In fact, these 7 men were rather grey and gloomy-looking fellows, very tall and slender and had rather grey hair to their shoulders.


They gave me a vial or cup or chest of some sort, but it had no lid and carried something white, the whiteness of which was not brilliant but rather dull but compared to their grayness it stood out. I took it and instinctively knew I had to go and present myself to the Father, but I had to specifically go to Him as the Judge of all Nations on behalf of these somber fellows. I went up to Him and as I was doing so, I knew what I had to do because I saw the national emblem of my country, only it was a very uncommon color, it was white. The white color of the national emblem represented purity and I understood I had to pray on behalf of these elders for the nation, for repentance and speak the Blood of Jesus upon them because of it.

So I proceeded to the Throne and with this vial of white stuff I came and presented it to the Lord and laid it at His feet or on the floor. I also bought near the Blood of Jesus to myself, my family and house, far and near, and to all my country, every area, and upon them all I sprinkled the blood (I was doing precisely Lev 1:5 on purpose). I then repented on their behalf for all of them to the Lord, I repented of: corruption - greed - idolatry - religion - lust - violence - falsehood... I then realized when writing the vision that they were 7 sins, equal to the number of elders.

The mystery of the Vial. 


Frankincense
It wasn't shiny, nor did it glisten like snow but these grey men wanted me to give it to the Lord. I believe it was prayer represented as Frankincense. I also now remember that I burned somehow this white stuff, probably on a small censer of some sort before bringing near the Blood of the Lamb. We know that incense represents prayers in the Bible. In Hebrew Frankincense is "Lebounah" and comes from the root word to be "white".

The mystery of the Seven Elders


The elders I saw here were grey. They gave me this Vial of Frankincense, because they could not pray. The grayness represents the fact that they were neither pure and white like the people of God nor black like the enemy's sons. Instead, I believe the vision of these elders had several layers of meanings. They represented my family, the leaders of my nations and also the elders of the church. They represented a people of spiritual mixture, good and evil, dark and light, the children of God and those who are not, at the same time and indeed, such as is the general population of any nation.

How do you apply this to your life?


Frankincense burning in a censer.
Photo courtesy of Alex Horus - Flickr
This is the Royal Priesthood! You hear about this just a few times, from Peter, who quotes the Old Testament and in Revelations; understand this is one of those things the church of 2000 years ago was either not so familiar with or for one reason or another did not write much of it in a direct fashion. Yet, there is tonnes written about the Royal Priesthood, here and there, in the Bible. The champion of this call is Daniel who interceded on behalf of his nation, although we are not told anything about his authority or right to do so. He seemed to know that he had to do this, so he just did it.


Today, if you are a born again, born of the Spirit, son or daughter of God, you are of the same priestly order of Jesus Christ (see Heb 8)!

If you want to learn more about Daniel and the Royal Priesthood - this may be one of the fore-most calls of the Christian - Click here to read more about it right now.

Like this post? Don't miss out by subscribing!

Comments