We've only begun to discover the Father's love - it's more than anything we've imagined!

We're told that the Resurrection is what we should focus on. But I've always believed that in fact, the Crucifixion of Jesus, which only happened Once and for All, is the Climax of all History. In fact, meditating on the Cross is one of the most powerful spiritual devotions you could ever do: The Lamb of God, the Son of God, offered up for us... what is this Love? Who is this King? What kind of God, Creator, would offer Himself to such as the likes of humanity, in all it's muck and mire and it's outright rebellion against the Most High?


The Vision

I had a vision of the Holy of Holies where Jesus invited me to delight myself in the "Sweet Place of Fellowship" as often as I liked. So after that vision, I went back there, whether this was intentional or not, I'm not sure.

As I step into the Holy of Holies I saw Jesus standing beside the Father, the Ancient of Days, who sat on a Throne. There was golden color in the atmosphere and the Father asked, rather gently, to Jesus "And who is this?" with a smile. 

Jesus answered Him, "Your Son!" [Of course the Father knows me and I find it interesting that He asked anyways].

As soon as Jesus said that the Father opened His arms, beckoning me to approach and I somehow found myself near Him, almost as if I was on His lap, I could not tell. I could not tell because when He extended His hands to beckon me to come I saw something shocking and was absolutely stunned.

An amazing Revelation of God's love

The Father's hands... were pierced!

Just as Jesus had the nail marks in His hands, so did the Father!!! 

(I have never heard of this from anybody before, I have never even thought it before this vision.)

Consider what Jesus said:
I and the Father are one. John 10:30
If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him. John 14:7 
He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me. John 12:45
"Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. John 5:19
Could it be that Jesus saw the Father laying down His Life? 

I have also thought the Father was not sitting idly in Heaven while His Son perished on the Cross. He could not have done so. Earthly parents would have rather died a thousand deaths than see what happened to Jesus to their children! How much more the Father in Heaven!

I remember, long ago when I wrote the book The Gospel According to Ishmael, I imagined what Abraham went through to sacrifice his son and let me, I realized how full of very strong emotion were coming at me through the pages of this story. But as I pondered this vision I just had, the Lord prompted me to look at that chapter in Genesis again. 

When Abraham took his son, Isaac, on the mountains of Moriah to sacrifice him - this was one of the strongest prophetic instance in all of history before the Cross. Even the mountains on which Isaac was sacrificed was the same as the one which held the Cross of Jesus. 

But here's the bombshell.

Genesiss 22 records that Isaac carried the wood up that mountain. A picture of Jesus carrying the Cross...

And it records Abraham as carrying the FIRE and the KNIFE.

And to surprise, I found that this chapter is a direct correlation to the words of Jesus in John 5:19! Here, look for yourself:
So Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife, and the two of them went together. But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, "My father!" And he said, "Here I am, my son." Then he said, "Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?" And Abraham said, "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering." So the two of them went together. Genesis 22:6-8
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this. Two repetitions, so close apart, of something that was quite obvious is NEVER unimportant in the Scriptures.

The TWO of them went TOGETHER.... TOGETHER!

This is the Love of God for us. The Father and the Son, they are One! I can not write more about this now. The Lord open your eyes to see this!
In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.  I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. John 16:26-29
And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced.  Zech 12:10



Like this post? Don't miss out by subscribing!

Comments