Your Father's unseen servants never cease to defend you

My car hung precariously off the road's edge... and I couldn't even see it. My family was in the car and people shouted at us. It was dark but the unlit streets were logged with traffic. In a moment, literally from no where, several men approached the car, and guided my my family to safety. They then pushed my car back on to the road.

Courtesy of Flickr-Alice PopKorn
As soon as they finished their task, I managed to only thank two who graciously replied. The rest were gone as fast as they had appeared. There is still much good will in this world yet at one moment, stuck on that precipice, in an unknown part of my (foreign) land, with my family in imminent danger of being stuck in a falling car, I felt alone. Who would help me? Where would my help come from?

I will not venture to categorically call these men who helped me, angels - though, God-sends they truly were. But I strongly suspect that some of them may have been. Afterall, they pushed a heavy truck off the precipice!

Angels... many are afraid to talk about them. We are God's children and as John's companions - in the book of Revelation said - they are of "our brethren" and "fellow servants" with us. God has always promised angelic protection over those who depend on Him for such protection. Certainly, a quick Google search and you will see many seek them and I daresay, find them... but not heaven's angels, but rather hell's demons in disguise. You know this by how they avoid the Name of Christ and lead people away from the Grace and Truth of Jesus.

When you walk down the streets, travel to a new a land, enter home, go to school or show up at work, stop a moment today. See with the mind's eyes how much God loves you. You are not alone and many of these servants wait upon you... they wait upon you to walk in your inheritance, boldly and with confidence. They wait upon you to see you rise in glory and grace, as you discover what God has called you to. They wait upon the order and command to go forth from your lips.

What will you confess today? What will you declare? And will you remember why God has bought you here?

"Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it: "I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Nations, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house. I am Yahowa, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them." 
(Isa 42:5-9)

By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog-Discover your inheritance!

Your inheritance in Christ is glorious... this is the Gospel of Grace from one of the most unlikely and unsung heroes of the Bible!


Subscribe to my weekly newsletters today and never miss a post! You'll be blessed.

Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.







Comments