How to solve riddles from the Lord; the Riddle of Resh and Dal

Visions and dreams have been happening with me of late, from literally out of no where. At the time of the writing of this article, it has scarcely happened for a little over a month. But this morning I heard something, very new and surprising. To be honest, it was the second time this happened... I heard a riddle as I was waking up.

Photo by Joseph Pearson on Unsplash
How did I hear it? It was very clear, very articulate and it was not with my physical ears, but my spiritual ears. It registered to me as a sentence fully formed and one that I remembered and began meditating on immediately. I find that God lets me remember very vividly the details He wants me to remember. These riddles also seem to be totally unrelated to any dreams I happen to be having at the moment I hear them. 

Here is the Riddle:

Resh follow resh and dal follows dal.

I was like, what? But just so you know, God doesn't speak with riddles that you can not find the answer to. For example, I absolutely love Hebrew and I recognized those words as Hebrew. In fact, they are the names of two letters, the 'R' and the 'D'. They made little sense to me as a Hebrew letters. That's the key in interpretation. If it makes great sense to John Smith but not to you, it's not the interpretation you seek. You seek the interpretation from the Holy Spirit and He will teach you of it. If someone else gives you insight, it will also be quickened to you by the Holy Spirit.

So I did the next logical thing which was to investigate what these words mean as Hebrew words, that is if they even existed as Hebrew words.

Resh and Dal. I had NO IDEA what these Hebrew words mean... until now of course.

I went to the concordance.

Resh is found in the following forms - the form in bold is the root of the others and is the first I found: רוּשׁ רֵישׁ רֵאשׁ

The root word: means to be poor, in want, to lack and the other two, simply, poverty (Strong's numbers are 7326 and 7389).

The first Dal I in the concordance, alphabetically, was דַּל

It means low, poor, weak, thin, to hang low (Strong's number 1800).

Keep in mind, I had NO IDEA what these words meant prior to hearing them in this riddle form, none!

They turned out to be such a riddle, in the typical style of the Lord.

Poverty follows poverty and the poor follows the poor!

What does it mean?

Thank the Lord for your spouses! I've been sharing these things with my wife. Let me tell you, she thinks I'm just as weird as you do. That's always the initial reaction! But when you inivite the Holy Spirit it all clicks! And in fact she helped a great deal in extracting these two applications from this proverb.

1) The Lord is saying be careful who you surround yourself with. 

Who are you following these days? 
Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge. Prov 14:7
Do not be deceived: "Bad company corrupts good morals." 1 Cor 15:33
He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will suffer harm. Prov 13:20
We need to surround ourselves with those who are RICH in the WORD, SPIRIT, WISDOM, and GRACE.

2) Mind your MINDSET regarding FINANCES and BLESSINGS.

The night before I received this riddle, I asked the Lord for wisdom regarding my finances! So when I saw that this riddle was about poverty and the poor, it greatly alarmed me!

How do you see your life? Your finances? Your blessings? What is your mindset operating on? From lack or provision? With gratitude for what you have to the Lord, or with a focus on what you want and lack?

The Lord was telling me that one of the keys to financial wisdom, was to be thankful! Was to appreciate the  blessings you have rather than focusing on what you don't have!

That was a powerful reminder.



Like this post? Don't miss out by subscribing!



Comments