Race like you're meant to win!

It was a grueling trek. Suddenly mom breaks into a sprint, "Race you all to the top!". Son goes with all his might. Panting, he stops looks up and sees he's not gaining at all on mom. "Stop! Come back! Dad, make mom stop, make her stop!"

I stoop down. "Why, son?"

"Because I want to win the race." He whimpers.

 "Son, why are you asking me to stop her? If you want to win, don't stop... Run! You can do it! Now go!"

As I rose back up from that encounter it suddenly dawned upon on me that God's children are like my boy... I am like my boy! "Lord! Help! Make them stop!" We ask the world to slow down for us but it just keeps beating us around. Defeated, we come and beg and cry and stomp, angry at the world for not waiting and then angry at God for not intervening. The problem is we don't know who we are.

But God knows who we are. And He knows what you are capable of more than you half-realize. And He says "though in this world you will have trouble, take courage! I have overcome the world! Where is your confidence, Son?" He bellows. "Where is your faith?"

Courtesy of Flickr; Aftab (Text by D.R.)

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
(1 John 5:4)

Has the world been beating you silly? Are you tired of defeat? Perhaps the greatest word I can give you today, is that the enemy is within and it is your faithlessness, doubt... so muster your courage and strength! As a son and daughter of God, none can stand against you... but you can give up. You can fold your arms and admit defeat, helpless you feel, helpless you become. But that helplessness is a mirage, it's not really you unless you believe that lie. 

"Why am I losing?" you ask. 

That's the wrong question. The real question is why do you refuse to win?

Sign up below to stay tuned for more posts and watch out for my Free eBook soon - And These Signs Shall Follow You!  




My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.
David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog-Discover your inheritance!

Comments