All things work for you - Day 11: Thirty Day Meditations to Abundant Life!

One of the greatest secrets to living the abundant life - that is, to really experience that life already given to you by Christ, is what I like to call the All Things Principle. I love the words "All Things" because when it says all things, there really is no escaping 'all'.

Courtesy of listentothemountains, modified by D.R.
Look, I hate the curse and all it's out workings. Poverty, sickness, failure, broken things, shame, the whole lot... one after the other, those aren't God's doings! Come on, hello, God is our Father! What parent would give such things to their children? And yet Jesus Himself said that troubles would befall us in this world. So it's not like being a believer in Jesus means we have a 'get out of jail free card' and we start living in a bubble. But as sons and daughters of the Most High we have the promise of victory... "In this world you will have trouble, but take courage I have overcome the world!" I love it. Jesus didn't say He overcame the troubles, He overcame the entire world, troubles and "all things" included!

Now that I've got that out of way, what I'm about to share with you is really a great principle for experiencing something you already have in Christ. It's one of the foundational practices that will help anyone to live out the abundant life given them by Jesus. In fact, I'm really convinced that making this a daily truth of meditation especially when you're in those aforementioned rough times will have such a profound effect on you.

You've all heard of the story of the prodigal son (Luke 14). A son comes of age, asks his dad for his share of the inheritance (as opposed to, say waiting till the fellow died) and than wastes it completely on reckless and sinful living. He's naked, ashamed, starved and so finally he returns home with a bowed head and some mumbo-jumbo about becoming a servant but his father would have none of it. Instead his dad embraces him, gives the boy his own signet ring and his robe and then puts sandals on his dirty feet. He didn't just welcome him home, he made the world realize that his son was as good as he was in so giving him those things (you can read more the meaning of all that here).

This son now has for the first time discovered the true love and will (his father's desires for himself as a son) in a way that never crossed his mind. He's tasted worldly pleasures and worldly sorrows, and when those come into contrast with his father's heart, it creates a profound, colossal change in this son. He'll never be the same again. And so here I have a question, what would have happened if that son never left?

This is God's style. God takes ALL THINGS, especially those rough times, and maybe even doubly especially when it comes to those troubles that come precisely and wholly due to our foolishness and stupidity, and He turns them all for good. So this prodigal son, for example, has become all the more wiser and mature, and on top of it all, his relationship with his father has multiplied in quality and meaning.

So what about us? Everything you have experienced, as in ALL THINGS, God has promised to use mightily in your life, first, to discover His true heart and will for you and to experience His love and secondly, to transform your soul into something far better. This doesn't mean we go about embracing the reckless and sinful life; instead it means, that as we look to our past we let go of regret. It means we realize that those things we experience today or any other time, the very things Satan meant to bring destruction and sins that work to bring death, God will turn it to build and enliven and enrich and bless you even further. He is that good, that He not only delivers you from these troubles, but He transforms their outworkings for good in your life!

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
Rom 8:28

If you are bothered by something in your past, bad decisions, mistakes, foolishness, sins, traumas, troubles of any sort, then know that ALL THINGS WILL WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD FOR YOU! And I hope all who are troubled in this day, be it by troubles currently harassing them or those of the past, would pray with me and be richly blessed in embracing this truth:

Father, I thank You that you've forgiven me. You don't even remember my sins any more. But more than that, I thank You that those times in my life where I've done things that I regret, that you have transformed them for my good in ways I could never have imagined. And those troubles that I am experiencing now, the areas of lack, the creeping symptoms of the curse that I know I've been redeemed of but somehow still lurk around in my life, I know that you've promised to make them work for my good, to enrich my life, mature my soul, strengthen my spirit and make me all the more wiser in Your wisdom. And this I pray, that this truth would be engraved in all our hearts, whoever reads this and the past will utterly fail in keeping them bound and that the troubles of this world will be totally defeated. 

In JESUS' Name, Amen.



See the previous day's devotional: God's formula to success, good success - Day 10: Thirty Day Meditations to Abundant Life!

David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog-Discover your inheritance!

Subscribe today to get these posts by email and look for my frequent eBook giveaways!

Just enter your email address below and click the subscribe button. Blessings be upon you! 







Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.









Comments