I lift my eyes to the mountains... but who can move them?

I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help?
Psalm 121:1 

Courtesy of Flickr-Trey Ratclif

David looked to the mountains. He saw his challenges, his problem, his strong enemies pursuing him, armies surrounding him and he asked "Where does my help come from?" When you see the curse of this world, one blow after another beating on your life, your family, your health, your finances, your emotions, your country, who can break this cycle? There they stand, ominously casting a shadow on all you do. Can you do anything about these 'mountains' standing in your way? 

"My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." David continues.

But you know what he really meant? He was speaking of Jesus, who came 1000 years revealing the secrets of heaven, saying,

"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says." Mark 11:23

Understand that Jesus did not say beg and moan and groan, fast and plead, wear sackcloth or go to and fro seeking help here and there. Jesus said that you - the believer in Him - has the power to move mountains! 

What an empowering message! True leaders are like Jesus, they don't cultivate a culture of dependence on them, they nurture their followers so they are empowered and become like them! (This post isn't about leadership, that's just more food for thought).

Jesus came to empower you, to give you the keys of heaven and earth. What if you actually took Him at His word today? What if you rose in this type of royal priesthood prayer and spoke to the mountains in your life?

Well here's what will happen...

If you believe, you will have what you say!

David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog-Discover your inheritance!

Subscribe today to get these posts by email and look for my frequent eBook giveaways!

Just enter your email address below and click the subscribe button. Blessings be upon you! 







Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.








Comments