Becoming better... every child of God's heritage!

One of the most striking things about us as humans is the way we want to become better, improve, advance... and that is a God-given desire to be sure. But the question is not what you need to do to become someone better. The question you need to ask yourself is this;

Who am I?

Courtesy of Flickr - Victor Nuno; Modified by me
Paul answered that for us when he wrote "...by the grace of God I am what I am!" (1 Cor 15:10)

When God called Moses to lead his people to liberty and prosperity, he fearfully replied, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" (Exo 3:11).

And so "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.'" (Exo 3:14). 

Wow! Did you get that? Paul used the name of God upon Himself when said "I am what I am" by the grace of God. This is what Jesus meant when He said He manifested God's name to us and keeps us in His name (see John 17:6,11,12,26).

If you want to know who you are, so you can improve and be better, then know who God is!

Or is it for nothing that John, the closest disciple to Jesus in His earthly days, also wrote,

"...as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

The key to know who you are, is to know who He is!

So how do we change in reality? I want to be holy, strong, healthy, full of life, loving, kind... don't you? In reality, in practice, on a daily basis? 

Then start by meditating on the following beautiful verse today and confessing these truths from Gal 5:22. It speaks of the fruit of the Spirit, and because His Spirit dwells in you, this fruit is already yours.

I am love.
I am joy.
I am peace.
I am patience.
I am kindness.
I am goodness.
I am faithfulness.
I am gentleness.
I am self-control.

Yes! God is love, right? And you have been made as He is, right? So you are love too! You are not just full of love, or kind or patient... you actually are love, kindness and patience! Those qualities find their full manifestation in you by the Spirit's doing; that is, it's His work, and He's already done it in you.

So scrap the to-do list and take up the I AM list. It's time we realized we already are what we truly want to be. And when we do, this will be our reality!

By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog - Discover your inheritance!

Want to get these posts by email, FREE e-Books, and much more?

Receive these devotionals, free e-Books (look for my frequent giveaways of books I publish on Amazon) and much more when you subscribe to our weekly newsletters! The secrets of Heaven are priceless... that's why they are freely given! 


YES! I want it all!



Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.





Comments