When God makes you feel like a god, you'll truly worship HIM as God!

Cats are incredibly self-satisfying creatures. They don't love you for the sake of you - they love you because you make them feel like a god. Dogs on the other hand, would give over their entire lives for you a thousand times - they love you for you and there's no where they'd rather be but by your side. They make you feel like you're a god instead! (This 'parable' was adapted from the book "Cat and Dog Theology" by Sjorgen and Robison).


How do you see yourself in relation to God? Are you a 'cat' or a 'dog'? Recently, a good friend of mine invited me to lunch. As I was digging into this meal of a thousand flavors - it was just a smoked beef sandwich marinated in an amazing, spicy sauce with thick fries, but it was ever so scrumptious - he turned to me with a slight grin and said "Your blog, to use your language, is so... 'cat'." I lifted my face from the plate, remembered I was in the company of another human being and finished the bite I had in my mouth. I looked at him thoughtfully and replied "hmmm" and then paused a little giving me another few seconds to enjoy the savor - he thought I was thinking, but I was just eating. I had a sip from my soda and (though I'm not sure what I said, this is what I should have said) "Buddy... you gotta be a cat to be a dog." I then returned to my meal while my friend sat at the other end of the table stupefied at the profoundness of my statement! (Again, that's what should have happened but didn't, but we did enjoy each other's company).

You need to be a cat before you can become a dog. You need to know and absorb all the love and adoration and care from your Father before you can ever be of any service to Him in His Kingdom. That's why babies are born so helpless and dependent on their parents... to teach us that God cares for us so much that He'll do, and in fact has already done, everything for you!  John, the apostle, wisely said "We love because He first loved us." So today, don't go around thinking about your duties, responsibilities and service to God. Let His love permeate your heart, hear His words steadying your soul and rise with the strength and life that the Spirit in you has given. And then see how you will not only change the world upside down for God's glory but also how adoration and worship will flow like a river to your Father! This is how you make God, feel like God!

"...true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him." 
Jesus Christ - John 4:23

By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog - Discover your inheritance!

Want to get these posts by email, FREE e-Books, and much more?

Receive these devotionals, free e-Books (look for my frequent giveaways of books I publish on Amazon) and much more when you subscribe to our weekly newsletters! The secrets of Heaven are priceless... that's why they are freely given! 


YES! I want it all!



Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.





Comments