Ride the wings of the dawn or make your bed in hell, God's favor on you never ceases!

Many think that if they stray from God's path they'll end up in the gutter, as if life with God is like driving on a narrow road on a steep mountain pass... 'Careful!... stray too far to the edge and you'll fall off!' With Jesus it never is like that. You might have taken horrible, stupid and foolish decisions that your life seems like hell. So great is your sense of regret and guilt that you can hardly depend on God to help you. I want to tell you today, that the feeling that you are far from God (or that He is far from you) is an illusion of your own making. And it feeds on your own condemnation. When you realize how fully your sins have been forgiven in Christ and the grace that has been freely given to you, you'll start to trust God again to turn your life around and experience the victory of Jesus. Instead of seeing only darkness around you, the night will become light! What was meant for your harm will result in blessing and great good will come to you.

Courtesy of Flickr
The implications of this are staggering. Imagine what it would be like to take decisions based on the wisdom and favor of God instead of the calculation and fears of man. You won't stop yourself from doing what God has called you to do out of fear of danger because you're sure of one thing... wherever you go, whatever you do, your Father surrounds you with love and favor and crowns you with you glory and grace! You have great freedom and a promise from God, that like a toddler holding his father's hand, you can be sure your Father will guide and protect you... even from yourself.

So no matter what decisions you have to take, settle this this day and understand one thing... your Father's right hand always upholds you, His Spirit ever leads you and His favor never leaves you!

"If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning...  Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall fall on me,' Even the night shall be light about me." (Psalm 139:8-11)


By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog - Discover your inheritance!

Want to get these posts by email, FREE e-Books, and much more?

Receive these devotionals, free e-Books (look for my frequent giveaways of books I publish on Amazon) and much more when you subscribe to our weekly newsletters! The secrets of Heaven are priceless... that's why they are freely given! 


YES! I want it all!



Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.





Comments