The one thing you can control

Life is good but the world we live in can throw us around like a football. Is there any place where you really are in control?

Photo courtesy of Flick-Stuck in Customs
The answer is a resounding, YES! The place inside you - where you think and feel - is that place where you, and you alone, have the final say. This place is what the Scriptures call - the heart and mind - it is the seat of both wisdom and emotion. It is the place that Solomon warned us to guard with all diligence for it is the essence of our life. It is the place that Paul said we should let the peace of Christ reign. It is the place where Jesus Himself told us to prevent from being troubled and fearful. It's amazing, but God does not say He will do this for you... Instead, He says "I gave you My peace! MY peace! Now, you lead your heart, use the peace I gave you. Only you can choose to enjoy My peace in your heart and mind, in your thoughts and emotions, and only you can choose to not be afraid. I will not do this for you Son... because I love you." I don't know what you're facing today... you might be so happy with beach music playing over your head like a soundtrack, or you might be in the gutter, your home broken, your city destroyed and all your hope cut off. But our great King and Shepherd, Jesus, said this "In the world you will have trouble, but take courage I have overcome the world!" It's not just the troubles He's overcome for you, it's even the world where all the troubles come and are that He has conquered for you! He said this not long after He told His beloved disciples, "Let not your hearts be troubled nor let them be fearful." The other day, while vacationing a deep sense of boredom came upon me. For days I struggled with negative thoughts and moodiness. My lovely wife came to me, rebuking me "You write these blog posts about such great things and here you are wallowing in the mud!" Right there, a light bulb turned on in my head! Immediately I renounced these thoughts and moods I had been taken captive by, and let me tell you, though the rest of the vacation didn't change it's rhythm, it was a totally different experience all because I chose to live in the rest and peace of Jesus Christ - in my heart and mind. (Hey, it's not just the big things that trouble our hearts, but boredom and vacations too!)

So no matter the circumstances that hunt you down or the Goliaths taunting you day in and day out, know that there is a place within you, where you have the final say. You see, prosperity on the outside can only be the fruit of the inside. The way your life changes starts always in your heart and mind. Decide this day to do away with these negative thoughts and feelings. Remember, who you are, a Son and Daughter of the Most High, and remember what He did for you - and let your heart enter this rest!

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--THINK ON THESE THINGS!" 
Phil 4:8

By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog - Discover your inheritance!

Want to get these posts by email, FREE e-Books, and much more?

Receive these devotionals, free e-Books (look for my frequent giveaways of books I publish on Amazon) and much more when you subscribe to our weekly newsletters! The secrets of Heaven are priceless... that's why they are freely given! 


YES! I want it all!



Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.





Comments