You are your Father's delight

"He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph 3:17

A lively melange of sound, sights and taste greeted us as we entered a quaint French patisserie. The winter sun was shining bright and happily in the clear blue sky peppered with cotton like clouds streaming across its expanse. My son sat across of me happily admiring the scene while eating his fresh and crispy croissant. I, however, was on edge making sure my son wouldn't drop his croissant or crash the plates, ready to avert any potential parental disaster. Then I heard God in my heart, "Relax son. Enjoy." So I sunk into my chair and began sipping on my tea and admiring the scene too when I realized there was nothing in all of this that was more pleasurable to me than to just sit and watch my son happily munching away. As I looked at his beautiful hair with the sunlight warming his face I remembered how God has numbered each of our hairs. But you know what, God doesn't know how many hairs you have simply because He's all knowing. He doesn't have information about everyone and everything stored in vast vaults containing an infinite amount of terrabytes. Far from it! He knows how many hairs are on your head because He takes the time to count them! In fact, He takes so much pleasure in you, admires you in awe and rejoices to just see you. When you come to Him, your head is down and your heart is sad because of guilt or problems but He just wants to give you a hug! You know, a parent will pay attention to the slightest scratch on a little toe or a misplaced hair on the head of their child! How much more does God care for you - even your tiniest worry is on His heart and the smallest bruise He mends. If you would just realize how great God's love for you is your life would completely change. Crushing weights of worry would fall of you, joy and light would come out of you and no matter what the situation your peace would be so profound as to confound everyone around you. Be blessed today as you see your Father delighting in you, quieting you with His love and rejoicing over you with singing!

By David Roiel
The Green Leaf Blog - Discover your inheritance!

Want to get these posts by email, FREE e-Books, and much more?

Receive these devotionals, free e-Books (look for my frequent giveaways of books I publish on Amazon) and much more when you subscribe to our weekly newsletters! The secrets of Heaven are priceless... that's why they are freely given! 


YES! I want it all!



Oh and one more thing: My privacy guarantee - I'll never give away your email.





Comments