The Secret of God's Divine Name - Is this how God empowers you?

"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name." Ps 91:14
"In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name." Mt 6:9 
"I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word... Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are... While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name." John 17:6, 11b, 12a

There is a great, great mystery in the Name of God.

It starts with Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham. On his away to his uncle's city, many days journey from his own family's dwelling, having fled because he feared that his brother Esau would kill him, Jacob encounters the Angel of YHWH. It is a very peculiar encounter. (The first time the Angel of YHWH appears in the Bible, it was to Hagar, also fleeing from the wrath of her mistress, Sarah - you can read about that here).

But anyways, Jacob fights with him and demands a blessing. But he also asks for one more thing... to know the Angel of YWHW's name... He gets the reply followed by a blessing "Why is it that you ask about My name?" And He blessed him there." (Gen 32:27... the whole passage is super-mystical).

So I want you to fast forward to Moses in the desert being called by God. Here, God will finally answers Jacob's question, 4 centuries and many generations later!
"And Moses saith unto God, `Lo, I am coming unto the sons of Israel, and have said to them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you, and they have said to me, What [is] His name? what do I say unto them?' And God saith unto Moses, `I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, `Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.' And God saith again unto Moses, `Thus dost thou say unto the sons of Israel, YHWH, God of your fathers, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this [is] My name -- to the age, and this My memorial, to generation -- generation." Ex 3:13-15 (YLT)

Ehyeh asher Ehyeh - this is the Name that God gives Himself in Hebrew, also just Ehyeh...

It's generally understood that YHWH (Yehwa or Yahowa) is a third person or formal Name of God, but said in the first person, it is I AM THAT I AM or just I AM.

God told Moses the same thing twice, to tell the Israelites about His Name - firstly, using the personal first person Name 'EHYEH' and the second time, His formal, third person Name, 'YHWH'.

Moses doesn't go and say "'HE IS' sent me to you...' Instead He says "'I AM' has sent me to you!" Grammatically, I would have said the one that "He is" sent me... but Moses in effect pronounced the first person Name of God, literally in the first person. Is this making your mind spin?

Here is something else to ponder... God gives you a choice on how to approach Him, whether to see Him as Far and Distant, or Near and Close! To see Him so close that you call out to Him - EHYEH! I AM! or to stay distant - YHWH - the One who is. Many choose to add fancy appellations to God in their prayers... but so few cry out like a child with utmost trust - DADDY!

Remember Jesus' Words... "I and My Father are One." That's how close your Heavenly Father is to you now.

You should try this, right now... just relax and say "I AM". Say it again. Meditate on it.

The Greatest Name the Bible says, is the Name of Yeshua. The Name which translated literally means "YHWH is Salvation". Here is Moses, however, telling the ancient Israelites - at that time an entire nation enslaved by the world's greatest empire - that the I AM has come to deliver them.

Do you see how empowering God is? He doesn't make SALVATION - which means Healing, Wellness, Peace, Health and Abundance all in one - something that is far away and apart from you. He makes it so much in you that it becomes you.

I really want you to understand this...

Here was a nation of slaves with a 400 year old history of slaves... and they are being told that the I AM has come to deliver them! This is so, so powerful. The Answer you've been waiting for, the Deliverance, the Salvation, the Desires of your Righteous Spirit... they come through the Revelation of I AM in you!

If you still don't understand, consider how Jesus spoke about the Vine and the Branches. He is the Vine... yes? And you are the Branches... right? But where does the Vine end and the Branch begin? 

The Kingdom of God isn't here or there; it's within you.

The I AM isn't set apart from you - the curtain or Veil, the Body of Christ, has been torn in two, no longer is the Presence of the I AM hidden and isolated. Now you are a Temple of the Divine I AM, the EHYEH ASHER EHYEH... within you is the I AM that I AM. 

As you are a Branch of the Vine, so you are a literal Extension of the Divine! We have been given the Glory of Christ!

THE SECRET OF THE DIVINE NAME OF GOD IS SO EMPOWERING. The Divine Name is I AM and the Name above all Names is that the I AM is Salvation! Where is your Salvation? In the I AM!

So how do you take the Name of God in Vain? By adding all sorts of negative and darkness to the I AM... 

I am poor.... I am sick and tired... I am hurt... I am defeated... I am a failure... I am ugly... I am nothing...

God has set before you Life and Death (see Deut 30). It's a choice that depends on how you love the Name of the I AM... Do you love the I AM and revere the Name by not attaching any negativity or dependent spirit or needy, clingy attitude to the Name of God in you... the I AM?

People choose death when they choose to give their power to other 'gods' on this earth and put their life in their hands. The God of the Bible has never been like that, and instead of disempowering His people and making them poor, helpless, little souls, He has always empowered them. 

When Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt and suddenly the Red Sea stood before them and the Army of Pharaoh was closing in fast behind them... Moses faltered and cried out to God. And God said "Why do you cry to Me?" Come on Moses. I AM that I AM, I AM... I AM SALVATION and I AM WITH YOU. That means you go and do it. You raise your hands. You KNOW MY NAME... USE IT!

Likewise, think of the disciples in the boat when they were afraid as Jesus slept. "Where is your faith?" Where is your capacity to feel as if your desires have been fulfilled? To not only imagine them fulfilled (to see it with your mind's eye) but to feel as it as been fulfilled (to pray believing you have received). This is faith. To see what is not and feel as if it is. 

Every time you read about the Name.... stop! Think about it. The I AM.

Ask in My Name... Jesus said... and you will have whatever you pray for.

Ask in I AM... and you will have whatever you pray for.

Mystical stuff? Absolutely! I have a feeling this is just me scratching the surface. Godspeed to you all.


STAY TUNED FOR SO MUCH MORE TO COME ON THIS!

Like this post? Don't miss out by subscribing!

Comments

  1. https://books.apple.com/us/book/the-mystery-of-jesus-christ/id1558743198

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment